Whey protein has a lot to offer, whether you’re trying to lose weight or simply looking for a healthy boost.
According to Medical News Today, it is low in lactose content and is a complete protein with all nine amino acids.
What Are the Benefits of Whey Protein?
Various studies have showed that your health can benefit in the following ways:
- Weight Loss. Losing a considerable amount body fat and preserving more lean muscle.
- Anti-cancer factors. Whey protein Concentrate (WPC) had an anti-tumor effect inhibiting free radicals, which stimulated immuity.
- Cholesterol lowering properties. A noteworthy decrease in LDL and total cholesterol at the 12th week of using it.
- Asthma immune response. Children with asthma had better immune responses when taking it for one month.
- Blood pressure. In patients with high blood pressure, it reduced blood pressure and lowered the risk of developing heart diseases and strokes.
Not All Types of Whey Are the Same
When you shop for whey protein, you’ll discover three different types. Understanding the differences can help you choose the type that suits you best:
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC). The percentage of protein can vary from 30% to 90%. WPC typically contains low fat and carbohydrate/lactose levels.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI). WPI is at 90% protein. All fat and lactose is removed through processing.
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH). Through a partial hydrolysis process, the whey becomes a predigested form of protein and is often used in medical protein supplements and infant formulas. WPH has a reduced allergy potential and is easier to digest.
Find out about products that can benefit you
If you’re looking for protein supplements, workout enhancers or other nutritional aids, feel free to ask us about products. At Smoothie Factory Nutrition Depot, we share your goals in staying healthy. Drop in and see us.